Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Palindrome Week!

5/11/15 - 5/19/15. Each day is the same backward as it is forward. The name of this phenomenon? The palindrome. Works for sentences and words as well. For example:

"ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA."
^What Napoleon might've said ;)

DAD is a palindrome. MOM is a palindrome. BOB is a palindrome...which makes me think of Weird Al's song by the same name ("Bob") on his album Poodle Hat. Confession time: I thought Weird Al's song "Bob" was just a bunch of random words strung together to sound funny. Didn't realize they were all palindromes.

"WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW"
^By far the BEST palindrome in that song.

__
Can you think up a palindrome? In honor of this week, I will have dinner for breakfast and supper, and have lunch in between...and eat sandwiches, because if you make them right, they could just be a palindrome....

No comments:

Post a Comment