Friday, April 24, 2015

IBUYWD!

Today I am declaring it International Back Up Your Work Day! Haven't saved that manuscript lately? Well, don't delay: act right away!

If you don't have a flash drive/stick/thingy: GET ONE. Or two. Or MORE!

Also, backing up with email is another good idea. I send my manuscripts in an attached Word document from my Gmail account to my Yahoo account. That way, I have the manuscript in my Yahoo inbox AND in my Gmail sent box.

Hard copy is another good idea.

There are also online sites like DropBox that people highly recommend. I tried it once, but couldn't figure it out.

The main point is this: Have your work backed up and in more than one place. I can tell horror stories of having only a Word document and a prayer. Yeeeoooooow!

2 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a necessary thing! I've lost too many documents to not be obsessive about backing up everything. I love dropbox personally--it makes it so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give Dropbox another go. Thanks for stopping by, Meradeth!

    ReplyDelete