Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ata Mayveen Engleet? or is Beth Talking to Herself?

Okay, so I'm learning Hebrew. Guess what I can say...

Have a hint?

Me to a woman: At mayveena Engleet?
Me to a man: Ata mayveen Engleet?

Give up?

"Oooh! Ooh! Teacher, teacher! ME! Pick ME!"

Yes, little Tommy.

"Shouldn't you be writing?"

...

"Like, really, shouldn't you be making up stories about mutants and all sorts of magically lyrical and fun things?"

Good question, Little Tommy. Let me answer by pulling the fire alarm...

"..."

This is not a drill. RUN.

"I don't think so, Beth..." er, Teacher-person.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've been reading a lot, writing a little, listening to music (and Hebrew--ata mayveen?). And it's all part of the process. As I grow as a human being, I grow as a writer.

*Tommy just stares at me*

*I stare back*

"..."

All right, all right. I'm back to writing.

Laterz!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I feel for you. I spent all my "writing time" yesterday READING instead. But it was a good book... so totally worth it. That reminds me, I'm supposed to be writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! But, like you said: totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete