How am I just discovering that this is a holiday?
Anyway, want to celebrate? Here are some ideas to help you honor the day:
1. Read a children's book...
to your child/ren!
to your inner child!
2. Visit your local library
3. Give a bookstore your patronage: Buy a children's book
4. Support your favorite children's authors: Tweet/blog/Tumblr about their books
Here is a list of some pretty incredible children's books:
1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
2. Hank the Cow Dog (loved this series when I was younger)
3. The Boxcar Children series (ditto to the above)
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
6. Goodnight, Moon
7. The Wednesday Wars
8. Okay for Now
I'd love to hear some of your favorite children's books. Also, are you doing anything special to celebrate the day? Let me us know in the comments below!