Saturday, February 16, 2013

I CAN Say No

I'm just a girl who CAN say no, and I just did. Have you ever started reading a book and couldn't make it past the first few chapters?

Or are you someone who HAS to read a book through to the end?

What would it take to get you to stop reading?

For me...

- A book that scene-jumps without transition. (As in, one second you're outside, the next you're inside and no transition was made.)

- A book that's plot/action is so slow, it takes you more than four chapters to decide that it's worth slogging through.

Those are just two. Someone did the first taboo in a book I recently tried. I am not going to mention the book or the author. That's just cruel, and I don't want to defame anyone. But the glaring error made me upset. It angered me that such an error made it to print. And it happened not once, not twice, but three times within the first thirty pages. Egads!

There. That was my rant of the day. Do you feel like ranting? Feel free to in the comments, without mentioning books or authors. I don't want to mud-sling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment