Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Books Read in 2012

Starting in 2011, I've competed with my friend Christopher to see who can read the most books in one year. So far, he's beaten me severely (I think the current score might be Christopher=30, Beth=16, but it's all in good fun.) Here's what I've read in 2012:

1. Harvest Moon (Krista D. Ball)
2. The Moonstone
3. The Woman in White
4. Sugar Rush
5. Ivanhoe
6. 11/22/63
7. The Wednesday Wars
8. Okay for Now
9. The Breakaway
10. Artemis Fowl (book 1)
11. The Scarlet Pimpernel
12. North and South
13. The Night Circus
14. Wives and Daughters
15. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
16. Pride and Popularity

I've also started many books that I need to finish, Mansfield Park being among them...

Anyhoo, I'd like to hear what you've read this year. Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a free (e)copy of In a Pickle. All participants will be entered in a random drawing. Want to increase the odds of your winning? Here's how:

- Anyone who has read more than 20 books this year will be entered twice (honor system)
- Tweet the contest (and give me a link) to be entered another time
- Facebook the contest (and give me a link) to be entered another time
- Blog about this (and give me a link) to be entered yet another time

So, everyone's name can be entered up to 5 times.

Oh, and you don't need a e-reader in order to read In a Pickle (I can send a PDF copy.)

Have fun, and happy New Year! You have until 12/31/2012 11:59 pm to enter.

Beth

12 comments:

  1. I've read more than twenty books this year, I know, but then some of those are manga, which take less time. I've read Scarlet Pimpernel - great book. I just finished Game of Thrones, and read the first two of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter books. Also read Dexter and Charlaine Harris this year. And Paradise Lost. Plus I read all the Muse books that I edited, does that count? lol

    Not enough time in the day, is there?

    Happy New Year to you too!

    Julie
    shelley_runyon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 28 books this year!! Some of my favorites were. The timekeeper by Mitch Albom, Between the lines, The Encounter, Guily Wives, and The wind through the keywhole. Christopher WehneR,Amherst Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I challenged myself to read a book a week this year, but I'm probably falling a little short. Still I managed to get through 47 books, which is not too bad, considering my crazy school/work schedule. I'll probably read at least a couple more before New Years too, since it's the holidays and I hate failing. =P

    The last one I finished was actually one of those you've read as well: The Perks of Being A Wallflower. My sister raved about it, but I'm not at all impressed. What did you think?

    I'm sure you don't want a list of all 47 books, so maybe I'll just list the ones I liked more than the average? Those include Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison, Spanking the Maid by Robert Coover, The Call of the Wild by Jack London, Faust by Goethe, Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro, Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis, Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen, Hamlet by Shakespeare, and The Easter Parade by Richard Yates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok dear Beth, I now own a Kindle Fire and love it. Now I can read your book. Just thought I would let you know. Talk to you later!

    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Beth¡ It sounds very good.
    Kisses and Blessed Be¡

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get
    several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me
    from that service? Cheers!
    Also see my page :: pure african mango reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the very same area of interest as
    yours and my users would really benefit from some of the information you provide
    here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Regards!
    Here is my blog post http://africanmangoguide.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read 3 to 4 books a week since January. I'm going to have to go back and look up all the titles. Happy New Year everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth - I've read way more than 20 books this year! Maybe I should make a list and keep it in 2013 to see how many. But for this year I've read the Red Blazer Girl books out so far, The Gingerbread Cookie Murder, lots of Debbie Macomber's Christmas books, The Bogus Biker, etc. etc. that's just in the last month. Your new book sounds super and I have a Kindle. Am going to be a Muse author myself in April.

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, this is embarrassing but the last comment was by me - donnaalice540@msn.com Donna Patton

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous 3:36 AM: I will see what I can do. Sorry about that! I'm not tech savvy, but I will find someone who is!

    @Anonymous 3:36 AM: Go for it. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I keep forgetting to check my SPAM filter, where your post got stuck for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I did some digging. If a person wants to unsubscribe to comments, they'll have to do so in the email notification they receive. Someone (I think) said the unsubscribe button is located at the bottom of the email.

    Good luck to ya! Sorry there isn't anything I can do :(

    ReplyDelete