Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Crave Caramel...And Any Other Title That Doesn't Belong Here

Right now I am feeding my starving artist with a cuppa red velvet tea. One word: NOM! The room is quiet, save for the constant whirring of the fan and a/c and the clicking of keys as I type away at a mad rate. *sip* And I still have a sugar-high from reading The Night Circus.

I am 56% through with TNC, and there is so much I am finding wrong:

1. The plot drags (Read: slow going)
2. The romance hasn't been fully introduced yet (misleading book blurb)
3. There are adverbs EVERYWHERE
4. There is A LOT of description

So what do I like--nay, love about this book?

Answer: It is a feast for the senses.

Ever read a book so rich in detail that you find yourself daydreaming about escaping there? TNC does that for me.

Don't expect book reviews here. I just wanted to say that Ms. Morgenstern inspires me to write with more detail and passion for setting. She really knows how to handle atmosphere.

__
Have you read The Night Circus? If so, what did YOU think? (Spoilers will be taken out and whipped with licorice)

No comments:

Post a Comment