Monday, April 30, 2012

It's Monday...!(?)

Hello, fellow citizens of... Earth. Yes, that planet. Care to take a look at my weekend? Let me re-hash it for you:

 I wrote over 2,000 words on The Disorderlies (huzzah!), bringing my grand total up past 10,000! What is this mystery novel/la about, you ask? Well, I'm not going to tell you... yet :-P When I wasn't writing or doing other stuff, I read. And read. And read. I am now more than halfway done with The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. It's said to be the first detective novel written. Huh. I highly recommend it!

 Now for the "other stuff": I partied! Naturally, the awkward topic came up as to what I do for a living... but in a different way. I was introduced as "My cousin Beth, the author." Being shy lil' old me, I blushed, looked at my shoes and, at one point, half-denied it. Why? Why do I do that? I write books. One's getting published. I'm an author, I tell you, AN AUTHOR! Well, an authoress, but I digress.

 At said party, I was introduced to a local librarian. We discussed my book In a Pickle. Yeah, I need to brush up on elevator pitch. Anyway, she pointed me in some interesting directions, and next month I will hopefully get to meet (with the public) Gary D. Schmidt, author of middle grade novel Okay for Now, and ask him (again, this is for the public) some questions. I'm VERY excited!

 Do YOU have any questions you want me to ask Mr. Schmidt? With his permission, I'll try to post his answers here on the blog. If I can't get permission, then I'll email what he says. (Contact me at bethovermyer@gmail.com)

 Later, gang!
 Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment