Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chocolate Wednesday

Welcome to Chocolate Wednesday! Some call it "Hump Day," others say it's "Champagne Wednesday" ... or maybe that's just me. Chocolate is more accessible and bridges the gap between generations. Any age group that can read can have chocolate... unless they're allergic. Or diabetic. But I digress!

Chocolate Wednesday is meant to be a little boost to get you over the hump. Something sweet, funny or simply amusing. A little nudge to get you through the rest of the school/work week.

Are you ready? Here we go!

Purple Flowers

In Art class, a teacher invites students to draw a picture on the chalkboard. Jesse, being the enthusiastic student he is, raises his hand. He draws a little sketch on the board and steps back to admire it.

"What did you draw, Jesse?" the teacher asks.

"Purple flowers," Jesse says.

The teacher's face turns as red a boiled lobster. "Purple flowers?" he shouts. "Purple flowers?! Go to the principal's office immediately."

So Jesse goes, wondering what exactly he'd done wrong.

"Jesse," says the principal, "what are you doing here?"

"My art teacher sent me here all because I drew purple flowers on the chalkboard."

The principal's face turns as white as a sheet. "Purple flowers? Young man, go home. You are expelled."

More than a little confused, Jesse rides his bike home.

His mother looks up with a start when Jesse walks in. "Honey, why are you home so early?"

"My art teacher sent me to the principal's office, and the principal sent me home, all because I drew purple flowers on the chalkboard."

His mother swells up like a bullfrog. "Purple flowers? You go up to your room at once and stay there until your father gets home."

A few hours later, Jesse's dad walks into his room. "Son, I hear you're in trouble. What did you do?"

"My art teacher sent me to the principal's office, the principal sent me home, and Mom sent me to my room all because I drew purple flowers on the chalkboard."

"Young man," says Jesse's dad, "you are no longer welcome in this home. Beat it!"

Bewildered, Jesse nonetheless gathers some belongings in a backpack and heads for the park. There he sees a homeless man, and decides to share a bench with him.

"Son," says the homeless man, "why aren't you at home, doing your schoolwork?"

Jesse draws in a deep breath and replies: "My art teacher sent me to the principal's office, the principal sent me home, my mom sent me to my room, and my dad kicked me out of the house all because I drew purple flowers on the chalkboard."

The homeless man appears disgusted. "Purple flowers? Get out of this park. The sight of you makes me sick."

Not certain what to do, Jesse gathers up his backpack and heads towards the intersection. He spies an ice cream store on the other side of the road. He starts to cross... and gets hit by a bus.

The moral of this story? Look both ways before you cross the street!

:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment