Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Change of Direction

Breaking radio silence o.O

I'm thinking of changing my direction, or perhaps narrowing my focus. I loved writing In a Pickle, which is middle grade. I had been writing stuff more geared towards adults, but I think I have a child's heart.

I definitely have a younger sense of humor. (Can I get an amen?)

Plus I've been convicted. I tried my hand at romance, but it's something I don't want to be writing. Not sayin' it's wrong, it's just not right for me. A child's heart.

I'm not shutting any doors. I'm just walking away from them... for now, at least. Who knows? I might change my mind tomorrow and pull out my women's lit project (not the same as romance. I realize that.)

Anyway, thought I'd break the silence and tell you what's been going on in my world :)

__
What's YOUR favorite genre to write in? What age group/s do you write for?

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to pick a path! As always, though, you can change directions again if you need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sense of humour, Beth, whatever it is!

    I like writing children's stories as well as I think I'm fairly young at heart too. I also like writing micro fiction in any genre that is legal, decent and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michelle - Hear, hear!

    @Dizzy - Aww, thanks :) *sings Frank Sinatra's "Young at Heart"*

    ReplyDelete