Monday, February 14, 2011

Love 'n' Literature

Happy Valentine's Day, dear Reader/Writer! In honor of the day, I present you with romantic lines from some of my favorite novels!

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same" - Emily Bronte, "Wuthering Heights" (spoken by Catherine Earnshaw of Heathcliff and herself)

"Reader, I married him" - Charlotte Bronte, "Jane Eyre" (Jane on Mr. Rochester)

"Of love... daroga... I am dying... of love" - Gaston Leroux, "The Phantom of the Opera" (spoken by Erik)

"You pierce my soul" - Jane Austen, "Persuasion" (Captain Wentworth in a letter to Anne)

__
Have a very happy, love-filled day! Also, don't forget to enter The Time Warp contest, which closes in two weeks.

~Beth

2 comments:

  1. Mine is, "Then I am ready to be your wife," she said. "May I share all the remainder of life's joys and sorrows with you." Said by Ruth in Gene Stratton-Porter's The Harvester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a nice one, Dizzy. Sharing the "remainder of life's joys and sorrows;" that's how it should be :-)

    ReplyDelete