Friday, January 28, 2011

Rabid Rabbits

Title got your attention? ;-)

I've got a lovely bunch of rabbits (deedily deedily?) Yes, writing projects are like rabbits: There's no such thing as just one... with me, anyway.

Last I counted I had fifteen. I think I've added two or three since then :/

Yes, my resolution to work on no more than two projects at a time has crumbled to dust, which has since been blown into the wind. I'm weak, what can I say? So far this month I've worked on maybe three or four of them.

And these rabbits can be RABID, let me tell you, man. "Pick me!" "Write me." Demonic bunny voices yell at me "NOW!" Fortunately, I threaten them with the hose and they scurry back down their holes and leave me in peace (not pieces, as I almost typed on accident.)

Then I get (temporarily) stuck on one bunny, so I call to my peeps, "Yo, get your cotton tails over here." Again there are the demonic bunny voice, "ME!" "Pick me!" Etc., etc., etc.

The point of this post? That it's not bad for me to have more than one project at a time. In fact, it might be healthy. How do I know? Well, no one's come with a size XL straitjacket yet... have they?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, you should work how you work and love it! Never feel guilty about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle :-) Very good advice. I was more afraid for my sanity, but as it turns out, I can't get any crazier. It's sort of like getting a flu shot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be a little bit mad to stay sane, so carry on just the way you are, Beth, rabid rabbits and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Dizzy! Besides, complete sanity is overrated ;-)

    ReplyDelete